The main role of any opinion essay is to tell readers what you think and feel about a particular subject. It’s true that all people have their different opinions about things. Opinion papers are designed to let you share your point of view about a specific theme. When completing this academic assignment, pick the right topic that you have some strong emotions about. The good news is that many opinion essay topics are available to students nowadays. Be sure to support your viewpoint with strong reasoning.
Excellent Topics for Your Opinion Paper
If you find it difficult to come up with interesting and fresh ideas on what you will write about in your opinion essay, use the Internet or other available resources because this task is easier than you think. Focus on important assignment prompts and questions to ensure that your chosen topic fits them perfectly. Make your topic choice based on a particular theme that your teachers want you to discuss in opinion papers.
Brilliant Opinion Writing Ideas about Being the Only Child
If your academic assignment requires you to write about being the only child, use the following interesting writing ideas:
- Consider both pros and cons of being the only child, especially how people’s preferences and opinions differ under a variety of circumstances. For example, talk about your chance to enjoy parents’ undivided attention or loneliness felt by the only child.
- Do you agree that only children usually grow up as misfits because they have no siblings? Is it easy for them to fit in and mingle with other people? What is your rationale or evidence?
- Do you think that only children grow up selfish? This question should be answered because many people believe that getting all the attention and being only kids make them to be selfish adults.
- Are there any differences between children with siblings and only kids? If you think that they have differences, write them down in your opinion essay and support your viewpoint with enough facts and evidence.
- Can the only child be happy? Some people think that only children can’t be happy. Can you offer a personal opinion on how they remain happy and make the most of this situation?
- Can different playgrounds fill the void of being the only child? There is an opinion that they helps only children keep their loneliness at bay. What happens after their playtime?