Persuasive essay examplessnifram
You need to know the basic rules when writing a persuasive essay. Every type of an essay has a specific convention and a persuasive paper is not an exception. Follow these rules and you will quickly conquer the art of persuasion:
- Make an appeal to the emotions and mind of the readers. Sensitise them with a skillfully asked rhetorical question.
- Establish credibility between you and the audience by using all kinds of evidence in your paper, i.e. appealing facts, data and strong testimony.
- Write a very clear thesis statement that will leave no chances for the readers to miss your principal point. If you are still feeling powerless to produce a perfect thesis statement, develop this important skill with the help of our writing experts and get acquainted with more persuasive essay examples on our premium class writing service.
You also should know that the brainstorming stage is very important. First of all, brainstorm the evidences to discover the most compelling fact. Then give thought to counterarguments which can controvert your point. At this stage, you had better use a mind map technique. Identify the central topic and arrange less weighty ideas around it. By revealing the connections between these ideas you will come to the key opinion patterns.
Generate as many ideas as possible – it is the only way to find a good topic and in the end write a perfect persuasive paper. Once you have come up with the ideas, you need to support them with facts. This is called a research stage. The more comprehensive the research is, the smoother the writing process will be. Of course, no investigation on the subject is required if you are going to express your personal opinion. However, in other cases, the research is crucial in order to provide the paper with trustworthy and relevant facts.
Every essay assignment has a specific language which you should take into consideration before starting the work. Read the instructions carefully to clarify your objectives. For example, the prompt may refer to your personal experience; therefore, you have to support the arguments with the life experiences you have gained after a peculiar event. If the assignment contains such words as argue, advocate or defend, you are required to write more formally and ground your essay on official evidence.
Your work will be 100% efficient if you map out your writing time. Start as soon as possible and write every day according to the scheduled hours for writing. It will save time and allow you to research, write, and edit your paper without the rush. Moreover, you will be definitely ahead of the game being ready for all sorts of emergency including computer malfunction, unexpected illness, new requirements from the professor or even your friends’ parties that are impossible to miss out.
Provide a credible argument that represents situations and facts in the clearest way. If the text is supported with fair evidence, you will be able to convince the audience that your point of view is one of the most faultless and logical.
A good persuader is the one who knows his or her target audience. The persuasive effect can be strong for one person but can be completely feeble for another. Thus, consider whom you are going to prove your ideas to. As a rule, the first and the major reader of your essay is your teacher. Therefore, it is crucial to reach out a strict professor by a proper tone, language and validity of the content. However, think of someone else who may read your essay. It can be an admission board, a selection committee or even your fellow students who may look through your paper at the conference or at some other important university event. Moreover, you can target the students’ parents, environmental club or administration of your educational institution. The ability to predict your readers’ concerns, interests and expectancies will allow you choose appropriate language, facts and style of persuasion.
No less important thing in your persuasive essay is the choice of the topic. If you are not assigned the one, read these tips on how to select and make up a good topic:
- Find a subject that strongly appeals to you personally. Think of the issue which you can respond to effectively. Only real opinions can make you sound convincing and substantive.
- A good topic is the one which is deep and complex. It will enable you to find substantial material on the subject and then write an interesting and impressive paper.
- When choosing a topic, consider possible opposing ideas. If you feel that it will be very troublesome to deal with strong arguments against your viewpoint, do not choose that topic and find another one that has less rebuttable evidence.
- Broad topics such as religion, art or literature are not very good for persuasive essays as it is often impossible and pointless to persuade someone against his or her personal beliefs, tastes and moral values.
- Huge topics are not what you need as they do not allow delving into the issue with a fine-tooth comb.
Techniques in persuasive essays
Despite a good thesis statement, a well-structured text and a proper style, every writer who is going to prepare a persuasive essay should use the following techniques:
- A hook. Draw the attention of the audience immediately. It means – create a hook to make them go on reading. A hook in a persuasive essay is often a quotation, question, an anecdote or a satiric sketch which goes in the first sentence of the introduction.
- Repetition. Keep reminding about your thesis throughout the entire paper. In this way, you smoothly lead the reader to the conclusion.
- Heighten the tension. An agitated audience will become more amenable if you first show the problems from the negative side and only afterwards offer the solution.
- Social recognition. Your arguments will become stronger if you provide the readers with the opinions of remarkable people or world-known organizations that completely coincide with your viewpoint.
The art of persuading people became the subject of many scientific studies in Ancient Greece period. We offer you a set of tools and tricks that will help you write a masterful persuasive essay within a short time:
- When writing a thesis statement, avoid sounding boneless. Do not play up to the opposing side and do not let the arguments be ill-founded as you will not convince anyone.
- Start every paragraph with a mini-thesis or a well-designed topic sentence. It will make your writing cohesive and logical.
- If a sentence has more than one argument, it may confuse the reader. That is why refer to the only point in each sentence.
- Use an authoritative tone to sound like an expert. Back up your claims with references and solid facts.
- Challenge the audience. It means you should raise the issues that bother them or appeal to their aspirations and desires.
Go to more persuasive essay examples and you will see that our writers have a masterful command of the above-mentioned methods.
Example topics for the essay
Where can we find persuasive writing in real life? Marketing is the very sphere where the success of every single advertisement or promo action depends on the power of conviction.
In academic writing, students have to learn how to be persuasive, too. That is why they are given a variety of topics for persuasive essays which usually touch upon the issues of the particular educational area. Here are some unconventional topics of successful essays:
- The raise of taxes badly affects the business
- The legalisation of Marijuana: what is the benefit?
- Why return to the death penalty
- Brand clothes are not the best way of self-expression
- Trusting money to the experts will save your time and much more
- Quick recovery: why choose this medication
- This food store chain is among a few that sell truly fresh and organic products
- Why these attorneys are top dogs
- An unforgettable vacation can be only in South Carolina
- Do not vote for this candidate
In most persuasive essay examples the writer tries to draw over the reader to his or her side. Each topic supposes arguments that tell about pros and cons of the subject and author’s opinion according to the benefits or negative sides of the offered solution. The writer persuades and calls for the action.
If you do not feel confident about your persuasive skills or cannot find reliable sources to support your arguments, we are glad to see you at a top-notch writing paper resource. Professional writers will complete every order regardless of its level, topic and subject. Every customer is allowed to read many persuasive essay examples produced by first-class writers. Look through the sample papers for free and join thousands of satisfied clients.